How to Become a Real Estate Agent
Searching for info on How to Become a Real Estate Agent? You've come to the right place. Here we discuss license requirements, job duties, earning power and real estate schools.
You may already have answered Why to become a real estate agent. There is no other profession quite like it.
Being out of the office, being in contact with people, and being unlimited in your income potential are a few of the reasons you'll hear from seasoned real estate agents.
We find that the best part is the freedom to shape your lifestyle and future as you see fit.
You probably know some of the duties of a Real Estate Agent.
These include listing houses for sale, submitting buyers' offers, working with lenders / escrow / home inspectors, negotiating for a client, showing homes and holding open houses. There is so much variety that you are never bored.
Their list of duties include:
- Submit buyers' offer to purchase to seller for consideration
- Work with escrow officers, lenders, home inspectors, and pest control operators to ensure that terms and conditions of purchase agreements are met before closing dates.
- Interview potential buyers to determine what kinds of properties they are seeking.
- Prepare documents such as listing agreements, purchase agreements, etc.
- Coordinate property closings, overseeing signing of documents and disbursement of funds.
- Act as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers, generally representing one or the other.
- Determine a property's competitive market price by comparing the property with similar properties that have recently sold.
- Schedule appointments to show homes to potential buyers.
- Generate lists of properties that are compatible with buyers' needs and financial resources.
Here are some excellent books to prepare you for this exciting career:
Real Estate Law is different in each state.
This site gives you the licensing requirements for your state, as well as state-specific real estate schools.
Simply click on your state of residence in the left-hand menu bar.